Wednesday 29 April 2015

High Street Foundations....

Hi Guys, sorry about the lack of post these past few months. I have been moving house so haven't got round to posting....but i'm back! 




I have been trying out many high street foundations these past few months so thought I would do a little review on them. I think finding an affordable foundation that is good is very difficult, and when i'm going out somewhere special I still grab my NARS Sheer glow or my Estee Lauder double wear but I have been trying to wear an affordable foundation for every day use.




1| Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation | No51 Light Vanilla | £9.99

I was drawn to this foundations after reading many good reviews on it. Here is what Bourjois say about the foundation:


"Give your skin a radiance boost and leave it looking flawless for up to 16 hours! Bourjois’ new Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix foundation is enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion.
  • Apricot for radiance
  • Melon for hydration
  • Apple to protect your youth
It is also enriched with crystalline pigments to even out the complexion while letting in the natural light for that healthy looking glow."

The first thing I like about this foundation is the scent, as the ingredients include apricot, melon and apple you'd expect it to have a nice scent which it does! I wouldn't say it lasts for "16 hours" but it did last a relatively good amount of time probably around 7 hours before it started to go a bit patchy on me. I would say the coverage of this foundation is light to medium, it feels very light on the skin and felt moisturising which for me as I have dry skin is great!
As for the packaging its not fabulous but as a high street foundation you don't expect it to be, but it does have a pump which is always a bonus. Overall I like this foundation, it would be a perfect summer foundation but it has no SPF!



2| L'OREAL true match | Nude Beige | £9.99 

I bought this foundation from America and am not sure that the UK version has the same ingredients. I know it has a different bottle here in the UK.

L'oreal say
"Formulated with Precise Match™ Technology so you can control coverage and fine-tune it. Ultra-pure formula contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers, so all you see is beautiful, radiant, flawless skin. With Vitamins A and C, wheat germ and grape fruit extract to keep your skin nourished, protected and healthy."

I really didn't get on with this foundation. It clung to dry patches, wore off within a few hours, wore off of my nose almost immediately. I think if you had oily skin this may work for you but for me it just didn't.  I found that it accentuates pores even after trying primers it still did this. Plus it had no pump which is always a downfall.



2. Rimmel Match Perfection | Ivory | £6.99

Rimmel say: 

"Light perfecting radiance foundation.
Traceless coverage for perfectly flawless skin under any light.
Lasts all day. SPF 18"
This foundation is the cheapest of the three and is definitely the best! The coverage is amazing for a high street foundation, at first I thought as the consistency was quite runny the coverage wouldn't be great but it is and it's definitely build-able. It leaves a slightly dewy finish - which I love. I prefer to apply this with either my fingers or a damp beauty blender, it leaves a really smooth finish and doesn't cling to dry patches and pores like the L'oreal. Overall I really like this foundation and it has become an everyday foundation for me. Also it has a pump!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment